MESSAGE FROM MARINE AND FISHERIES DIVISION AS AT TUESDAY 7 SEPTEMBER 2021
We have reached the current agreed TAC on the Llansteffan bed and will close it with immediate effect. Resurvey of the available cockle stock will be completed and the potential for additional TAC for the bed considered by the Fisheries Science team.
Fisheries are seeing some evidence of cockle pushing out in other beds notably the Gwendraeth, and so we will be opening the Gwendraeth from this weekend.
For clarity the boundary between the Llanybri bed and the Llansteffan bed is a line drawn between Ginst Point (NG Ref. SN 332079) and Wharley Point (NG Ref. SN 340092).
You can now only gather West of that line on the Llanybri bed.
Notice of Appointment of Date for the Exercise of Electors’ Rights, Llansteffan and Llanybri Community Council: Financial Year Ending 31 March 2021
- Date of announcement – 29 July 21
- Each year the annual accounts are audited by the Auditor General for Wales. Prior to this date, any interested person has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the accounts and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc relating to them for 20 working days on reasonable notice. For the year ended 31 March 2021, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Rhian Worrell (Responsible Financial Officer), Llansteffan and Llanybri Community Council
Tel: 07539 699440
Address: Craig y Môr, Llansteffan, Carmarthenshire SA33 5JY
between the hours of 10 am and 4 pm on Monday to Friday commencing on 20 August 2021 and ending on 17 September 2021
- From 20 September 2021, until the audit has been completed, Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
- the right to question the Auditor General about the accounts;
- the right to attend before the Auditor General and make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor General. A copy of the written notice must also be given to the council.
The Auditor General can be contacted via: Community Council Audits, Audit Wales, 24 Cathedral Road Cardiff CF11 9LJ.
- The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2014 and the Auditor General for Wales’ Code of Audit Practice.
THREE RIVERS COCKLE FISHERY 2021 (UPDATED NOTICE)
Please click on the link below if you wish to know the situation with the cockle beds currently. In Llansteffan Cockle gathering is now allowed on a single tide on Wednesday, Thursday and weekends only until 31 Dec 21 (see the document from the Welsh Government below for exact details). No attempt to launch or recover vessels from Llansteffan Village for these additional weekend openings of the Llansteffan Cockle bed should be made.
Should you witness any illegal, dangerous or anti-social activity on or near the fishery and you wish to report it please click here – List of Contacts
Declaration of Results
Click on the link below if you want to know who your new Community Councillors are!
Details of all the new Councillors will be up on the website soon.
Annual Return – 20/21
The Annual Return has been prepared by the RFO (Rhian Worrell) and approved by Full Council accordingly. You can view a copy of the Annual Return in the ‘Your Council’ drop down menu above, under the ‘Financial Information’ tab of the website.
New Legal Requirement For Community Councils
The local Government and Elections (Wales) Act 2021 (the Act) Schedule 4 deals with notice of local authority meetings, access to documents and attendance at meetings. Paragraph 12 of Part 1 of Schedule 4 of the Act, stipulates the following:
26ZA (1) As soon as reasonably practicable after a meeting of a community council, and in any event before the end of seven working days beginning with the day on which the meeting is held, the council must publish electronically a note setting out –
- The names of the members who attended the meeting and any apologies for absence
- any declarations of interest
- any decisions taken at the meeting, including the outcome of any votes
In future these notes will be published on the Agenda and Minutes page under the Minutes heading and entitled Notes (Date of meeting). These will be up on LLCC website by 1700 hours on the following Tuesday (7 working days).
Factsheets – Age Cymru Website
The Age Cymru website is a great information resource. They have easy to follow fact sheets that offer guidance and information on loads of important subjects relevant to anyone 50+. Have a look just by clicking on ‘Factsheets’ above.
Guide for carers overseeing loved ones moving into care homes – West Wales care homes helps launch national guide
The guide, funded by the Welsh Government Sustainable Social Services Third Sector Grant, is available in English or Welsh from Age Cymru: www.ageuk.org.uk/cymru/our-
Latest News from Carmarthenshire County Council
Carmarthenshire County Council produce a Town and Community News Letter which is packed with useful information. Take a look by clicking the News Letter link below:
Fix My Street – a new way to report problems in your local area!
The Fix my Street website is a quick and easy way to report problems in your local area (for example, graffiti, fly tipping, broken slabs or street lighting). Please click on the link below to report a problem or just to find out all about the service.
What to do if you find a dead animal carcass in your local area (beach, public footpath etc.)
In order to get the carcass removed you should contact Carmarthenshire County Council via the link below. This will take you to a form, on which you can report the carcass, its location etc. Carmarthenshire County Council will then remove the Carcass within 72 hours of receiving your contact form.
Bees in Llansteffan
Please find a link below to a notice relating to the Bee colony located at the Community Council’s coastal path shelter at the top of first steps.