By scrolling down, you can refer to the following:-
- Interested in becoming a Councillor?
- Llansteffan Ward Local Member
- Wards & Seats
- Member’s Code of Conduct & Registers of Interests
- Chair, Vice Chair & Members
- Council Committees: Morfa, Planning, Hen Gapel, Human Resources
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A COUNCILLOR? A great chance to work together as a team and get the best for your community! To find out more, have a chat with Melanie our Clerk or any of our members. “The Good Councillors Guide” is also helpful and can be found here. LLANSTEFFAN WARD LOCAL MEMBER: County Cllr. Carys Jones represents Llansteffan Ward. This Ward encompasses Llansteffan, Llanybri, Llangain and Llangynog community wards. WARDS & SEATS: Each community councillor represents a ‘ward’. There are 10 seats on the Community Council – 5 seats for Llansteffan Ward and 5 seats for Llanybri Ward. Contact details for all councillors are found below. You may find it easier to contact councillors representing your ward, but you do not have to. MEMBER’S CODE OF CONDUCT: The Council has adopted the Local Authorities Model Code of Conduct which governs the conduct of councillors when acting in that capacity – English copy here and Welsh copy here. The Model Code of Conduct (Wales) (Amendment) Order 2016 can be found here. The Amendment Order was adopted by the Community Council on 18th April 2016. In brief, the Order has:
- Removed the obligation on members to report potential breaches of the Code to the Ombudsman (thus relying on local low-level complaint resolution processes);
- Transfered responsibility for maintaining the Register of Member’s Interests to the Clerk;
- Clarified that all personal interests disclosed must be entered in the Register;
- Clarified the position in relation to member’s participation in any business relating to constituency interests.
The Register of Declarations of Member’s Interests for 2015 – 2016 can be found here. The Register of Declarations of Member’s Interests from 1st April 2016 can be found here. The onus lies with the individual councillor to abide by the Code and uphold the key Principles of Public Life i.e. SELFLESSNESS, HONESTY, INTEGRITY and PROPRIETY, DUTY TO UPHOLD THE LAW, STEWARDSHIP, OBJECTIVITY IN DECISION-MAKING, EQUALITY and RESPECT, OPENNESS, ACCOUNTABILITY and LEADERSHIP.
Llansteffan and Llanybri Community Council
I have lived in Llansteffan for over 30 years and I have been a Community Councillor and involved in other local organizations for many years. I attend Llansteffan Church, am a Llansteffan School Governor, a member of Three Rivers Estuary Action Group striving to promote the area and I remain on the roll of Solicitors non-practicing.
Rydw i’n wedi byw yn Llansteffan ers dros 30 blynedd ac wedi bod yn Gynghorydd Cymuned a sefydliadau lleol eraill ers blynyddoedd. Rydw i’n gweini Eglwys Llansteffan, Llywodraethwr Ysgol Llansteffan, aelod Grwp Gweithredu Tair Afon sy’n ymdrechu i hyrwyddo yr ardal ac rydw innau’n dal ar Gofrestr Cyfreithwyr ond heb fod yn ymarfer.
Tel: 01267 241255
Vice Chair – Cllr Brian Charles – Llanybri Ward